* We’ll provide your wedding with “The Best Ceilidh Band in the World” plus “The Voice of Visit Scotland” as MC, dance caller & DJ.
* We’re honoured to be Visit Scotland's ceilidh band, performing at star-studded ceilidhs across the globe: Shanghai (7yrs) Dubai (7yrs) NYC Tartan Week (6yrs) Edinburghs Hogmanay (3yrs) - great recognition of the band's standing
* Our line up includes 2 BBC Young Trad Musician of the Year Award 2018 finalists
* Our fiddler Murray Fergusson is the only musician to study at Prague Royal Conservatoire, lead an orchestra in Sydney Opera House & play Pyramid Stage Glastonbury and Live with Jools Holland on the BBC
* Our MC & dance caller Iain MacPhail is the Voice of Visit Scotland, narrating 3 worldwide adverts. Your guests, whether first timers or experienced ceilidh dancers, will be sure to enjoy his delivery as they learn the dances!
* Want covers too? We’re the only ceilidh band to have an iTunes no1, topping charts in Europe & S.America.
We figured you'd want to hear what we sound like and what people who booked us thought of us...
..so please scroll down for a selction of tracks, all recorded live, and some testimonials too!
Thanks for contacting us at Whisky Kiss, we would love to be your band, DJ and dance caller.
Why not just fill in our enquiry form (below) to check out if your date is available in our diary!
#1 from Gok Wan
I shared a stage with Whisky Kiss when they played a friend of mine’s wedding in Scotland, and I was DJ.
I didn't know what to expect, but WOW...Whisky Kiss were amazing.
**So much** energy & drive & talent…and fun! They had the whole room dancing like crazy all night, people of all ages.
It's an absolute WOW from me!
Testimonial #2 David & Shelley Gibson
HUGE thank you to Whisky Kiss! Your set at our wedding was absolutely perfect and you gave us a party to remember forever! Right from the get go we knew that we were in good hands with you and your team, you made the planning of the ceilidh and DJ/covers set so easy and you gave us exactly what we were looking for.
The ceilidh was epic, so many good moments and you brought the Scottish and and the English guests together in style!! The photos are epic with everyone having an amazing shindig! Also the DJ/covers set went down a storm, always a good sign when the dance floor is packed all night. Thank You!!
Celebrity Wedding Planner Megan Davidson booked Whisky Kiss for her own wedding
I worked with Whisky Kiss several times in a professional capacity as an Events Manager & I didn’t hesitate for a second when I was looking to book a band for my own wedding. Whisky Kiss were one of the first suppliers I booked! Booking and communication is always straight forward, they go above and beyond to accommodate.
The team delivers dynamic, first-class entertainment every single time. It’s so much more than a ceilidh! You can see why their covers (like Atomic & Jocks Revenge) have topped iTunes charts worldwide & why they’ve played some serious festivals, like T in the Park, New York Tartan Week & Edinburgh’s Hogmanay. All our guests were like "Wow!"
"The Best Ceilidh Band in the World" - Hebrides Writer, reviewing our Islands Stage headline slot at HebCelt Festival
I had heard talk of Whisky Kiss — Hebridean Woman Cathy Ann Macphee couldn’t get over them, after discovering them the previous night at the festival club. Like my introduction to the voice of Julie Fowlis at Hebridean Women — I was blown away.
This band, mainly a box player, fiddler and piper, could well be The World’s Best Ceilidh Band. They played a track called Jock’s Revenge which had reached Number 1 on iTunes in two countries: Luxembourg and Uruguay. Kinda weird but I guess we are one world…
Anyway, this was one of the biggest crowd reactions of the whole festival and seemed to make ceilidh raving a thing, if such a thing is possible (maybe a logical step if you think of the way people like the late Martyn Bennett began modernising piping).
With one word — “hold” — box player Iain Macphail kept the crowd tightly wound until he let them fly. The place was bouncing. It was one of my highlights, for sure. And I hadn’t even heard of them before that day. Classic HebCelt.